Robert's Topics > Chapter 8 Notes > Becoming More Powerful
ktyspray - 5/28/2009 9:08:14 PM
The power of words
I have been raised to be very aware of the words I use. One common phrase my father never let me use was "What you said made me feel..." because no one can ever make you feel anything. You choose your reaction, either consciously or subconsciously. He was very clear that the way we talk about something influences the way we live, and he never wanted me to be a victim, but to be responsible for my own life.

Unfortunately, my father had average financial knowledge, so phrases like "don't get into debt," "go to college and get a good job," and "start saving for retirement right away" were all common. He thought these were solid, smart and powerful words, because he didn't know better.

As my husband and I expand our financial knowledge, we are changing these words, one step at a time. "Don't get into BAD debt," "get a good PASSIVE INCOME," "start saving for an INVESTMENT that has CASH FLOW." Its tough, because the habits are still there, but whenever one of us starts using the old words, the other speaks up and corrects. Words shape thoughts, and thoughts lead to actions. We know what actions we want to take, but to keep on track we have to use the words that will get us there.
Charity73 - 5/28/2009 10:00:58 PM
You are not broken
One day my Grandmother asked to borrow some money, I told her I was broke until payday. She became very serious and said, "You are between blessings you are not broken, your words have power." I didn't really understand what she was saying then. As much as I thought I had learned I didn't really grasp the meaning until just now. Words are powerful, I am not my paycheck or my bank account and I am not broken just between lessons and blessing.
NewAgeNetworker - 5/28/2009 11:06:19 PM
Financial DIctionary
Any word you don't know about finance can be found in the investopedia.com, try it out. I just started my financial education(i'm only 22)but been following Robert the summer before the economy crash. Before this book any word i listen to him use that i didn't understand i was able to find and not just one definition but two.
One for the traders on Wall Street and the other made simple for the average person to use.

phoenixoblivion - 5/29/2009 3:43:44 AM
Words
As a musician, I have learned that words can open and close doors. Here are some lyrics I wrote years ago that I have used to help me welcome unknown and sometimes even unwanted changes in life. There is no particular meaning to them, they are what you make them: (they're also copyrighted so don't even think about it)

Now has come to pass and the future starts today
Somewhere in the mist of shadows is a light to shine the way
And the call of an unknown change sharp like a knife
Can come from somewhere above and forever change your life

Bring down the blade
Reborn again today
Bring down the blade
No reason to be afraid

Yeah it will leave you vulnerable to the world and the cruelty therein
And no matter how hard you try, you just can't seem to win
Yet you press on like a King's most loyal of knights
Wondering if what you are doing is still for what's right

Bring down the blade
Reborn again today
Bring down the blade
No reason to be afraid

Thrown from a horse your raise your sword high
And smell distant smoke as the past catches fire
But you know a new life awaits all you must do is defeat
A barrier which has blocked you from all of your dreams

Bring down the blade
Reborn again today
Bring down the blade
No reason to be afraid

Or something like that. I wrote the song when I was in high school dealing with an internal struggle between a future I knew would lead nowhere and was being jammed down my throat versuses the dreams and adventures that I was planning for myself. I'm happy to say the dreams never died nor did the fire inside with which I use to seek those dreams. I still make music and as the global collapse continues, I will use my music to heal the spiritually wounded, bring knowledge to those who seek it, and comfort to those who are lost. Check out my latest here:

georgey239 - 5/29/2009 8:10:40 AM
Words Backed by something else is power

Words are very important but only those spoken with feeling and belief. Without the support of feeling and belief the words evaporate and lose power. Something within us must speak the words. Our minds rattle off thoughts and words all day long. but words spoken from the heart with meaning and feeling and desire bear great strength and power. most people do not know how to contact their feelings and put them into words. I've found it takes time to get in touch with my inner desires and to express them sincerely and with meaning. Only then do words become powerful.

Thank you for sharing your powerful words that all of us readers can feel when we read them.
emerjenc - 5/29/2009 5:25:50 PM
The power of words
I actually went to business school and got an MBA to understand the "words" of business. Before getting this degree, I didn't have the vocabulary to understnad business news, or TV, or financial literature - so I was lost and couldn't increase my financial education. Business school explained all of the words (although they only educate people on how to be an employee in the wheel of the conspiracy)- but I have continued with my education post-school to uncover the conspiracy now that I understand the words of business!
buttababee - 5/29/2009 5:42:40 PM
The Best Question that You've Asked
I believe that your mental ability to understand the many different usages of a word/words has helped me become a truly rich person. I don't think that money makes you rich anymore. I now think that how you interpret or express yourself within your environment determines the richness that you recieve from it.
buttababee - 5/29/2009 5:50:04 PM
Dear Everyone Who has replied to This Post
I really appreciated everyone's priceless contributions in Reponse to Robert's Post for this topic. Take Care!
clay2him - 5/29/2009 7:07:51 PM
The power of words is gained through reading.
Since I started reading your books I have taken on the challenge of reading and improving my financial situation through educating myself beyond my Bachelor's Degree from a university. I started with buying every book you footnoted and credited in your writings and committed to reading a book a month. I am now up to over two books per month this year and the power of words is truly evident in my recovery and success. Please continue to recommend reading materials in your works. I am now in the first grade after my B.S., last year was kindergarten. Thanks Robert.
efelin - 5/29/2009 7:48:51 PM
Words/Sanat/Ord/Worte...
Minusta sanat ovat kaikki kaikessa. Esimerkiksi nyt teillä ei ole mitään mahdollisuutta edes ymmärtää mitä minä sanon. Sanat ovat ihmisen käsitysmaailma, ne luovat kulttuureita, edistävät sivilisaatioita ja luovat maailmoja, kuten raamatussa todellakin sanotaan: "Sanasta tuli liha" - hyvä esimerkki siitä, mikä merkitys sanoilla voi olla. Muutkin esimerkit tässä luvussa olivat mielenkiintoisempia kuin ne mitä olen aikaisemmin kuullut. Olen seurannut "Rikas Isä, Köyhä Isä" tarinaa jo pitkään ja minusta siinä on ideoita, joita todellakin voidaan käyttää ihmisten sivistämisessä ja opettamisessa etenkin raha-asioissa. Joku teistä voi kenties ymmärtää ne sanat, joita tässä kirjoittelen, mutta eikö se olekin rääkkäävää, ettette ymmärrä?
(The power of words is immense - most people go through similar feelings of helplesness, fear and perhaps intimidation as they read the Finnish text above. Same happens to people as financial conspiracy terms whiz by them every single day.)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9