Introduction Notes
Robert's Topics > Introduction Notes > The Old vs. The New Rules of Money
Robert - 1/20/2009 4:56:03 AM
The Old vs. The New Rules of Money
[Page 7] When discussing the old vs. the new rules of money, what type of information are you looking for which will help you advance your financial well-being?
- 1/21/2009 3:00:29 AM
What are the new rules?
It's very evident that we can't keep doing things the way we always have been... but what exactly ARE those new rules?

"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." - Albert Einstein
shine9 - 1/21/2009 12:35:26 PM
I would like more information
I would like more information on the new rules and how to apply them. How do you apply the new rules to the old ways of thinking?
Charles - 1/21/2009 2:45:38 PM
Investment vehicles
In the area of spending, I'm looking for information on what kind of investment vehicles I can buy with limited amount of money on a consistent basis. Most the things that cashflow are fairly expensive.
Charles - 1/21/2009 2:46:12 PM
Investment vehicles
erodriguez - 1/21/2009 2:55:11 PM
New vs Old Rules
I'm looking for practical ways to apply the new rules to help me get ahead. Currently I'm stuck with consequences (debt) of the old rules. Getting out is hard and time consuming. I have to keep telling myself a phrase that I heard years ago which is, "keep loading the wagon". Eventually it will get full and you can move on.
pearsonhomes - 1/21/2009 5:12:43 PM
old vs. new
Through Rich Dad coaching we learned about self directed IRA,s and rolled our 401k and 403b into it. We now enjoy making our own decisions about investing in properties, business and stocks. Our first loss in the 401k, when ING told us oops, sorry about that, spurred us on and today we make the rules about our investments.
I have told others about this and it seems that 100% are afraid to take control of their futures.
Scott Roberts - 1/21/2009 7:28:46 PM
New Rules of Money
Like most people, I guess I am looking for ways to apply the new rules. Also, we know that stocks and bonds and mutual funds aren't really good investments right now, so is real estate still a good investment? I see a few people suggesting investing in currencies - would Robert suggest doing that? As I said, I think we need to see a little more about HOW to apply the new rules and not just what the new rules are. I know this will be different for everyone, but some general suggestions would be helpful.
EvieDJ - 1/21/2009 7:32:01 PM
Old vs New Rules
The type of information I am looking for which will help me advance is understanding and deciphering the way to "spend" my money correctly. I have mutual funds, an IRA and an emergency fund however this does not make me feel as though its protecting my financial well-being to its capacity. Also, what is the best way for someone with "credit debt" to eliminate that and turn those debt dollars into wealth dollars?
Sturdy - 1/21/2009 7:34:29 PM
Money supply
I would like more information on money supply and where we are now, and where we may be going. Not just that or why M3 is not being reported, but it's relevance.

There is large scale pumping of money into the economy and that looked likely to contribute to inflation. While this is happening, there has also been a removal of capital via the loss of value in real estate, available credit and the stock markets. What do the real numbers look like and what strategies can be used (the new rules...) in the various scenarios we might find ourselves in?