Introduction Notes
Robert's Topics > Introduction Notes > The Old vs. The New Rules of Money
NewRulers - 1/24/2009 9:30:35 AM
YoungInvestors
Robert-

We would like to know if we should be investing in cash flow real estate today or waiting for prices to fall further. We would like to take advantage of money creation to aquire this asset but we don't know if now is the time to wait for prices to fall or to buy in now. We are truly just looking for information that will benefit or investment decisions. Thank you for being an inspiration and showing us a better way though it may be tough at 20 years of age with no real clout behind us to make our moves quickly.
CHILLY48 - 1/24/2009 9:49:40 AM
The average Joe
Hi Robert!
I am a big fan of yours as well as Dave Ramsey's.
You give GREAT education but in my opinion no real
way for an average Joe to follow your advice. Even Your game Rat Race Is More expensive than most people can afford!(or would spend for a "game")
Keep it real for us average Joe's out here who live paycheck to paycheck
I.E. For $100-$5000 Some great investment strategies that people can follow step by step to get started.
This is what I love about Dave Ramsey. He lays out an exact plan people can follow!
My Wife and I Don't follow him exactly either but have laid down enough of those philosophies that we are pretty comfortable with our finances(very little debt & a Modest savings) but still struggle to gain any real wealth. (Which really has Nothing to do with money & more to do with happiness!!)
My understanding is that you believe money will follow the Financially educated & I get that. BUT! Those first steps are tough for the average Joe!

Every baby had someone to hold there hand when learning to walk!

I'm Sure someone will poke fun at me here for using that metaphor but the point,I think,is valid.
Thanks for the Dialog as well as your efforts in educating all of us!
dgoddard - 1/25/2009 12:23:08 PM
Old School
I believe that Ramsey is old school thinking. His advice is very standard and what the older generation used to believe. For example, he doesn't like gold because if you invested in the DOW since the depression, you would outperform everything. BUT, if you started buying GOLD in 2001, you would still have your money. The plan he lays out is not going to help you NOW! Kudos to you for being good with your money. Why don't you try buying a little gold and silver and hanging on to it. It won't evaporate into thin air like some of these bank stocks and you have something tangible that is going to hold value. Try www.nwtmint.com. They are pretty good. Or a local coin shop. They usually have some silver coing and gold available.
Keep on moving!!!
Raghav - 1/24/2009 1:28:23 PM
new rules of money
I think the only real money lies in good old arable land, portable water, labour - all of it in short supply. Anyone who has plenty of it is rich and can withstand any depression. I don't trust gold as you cannot feed people with gold. During hyperinfaltion, you sell gold to buy more dollars to buy essential food & water. You still sell some more again for another week's groceries, and it goes on. Work on your own land and your survival is guaranteed.
afittro - 1/24/2009 9:12:45 PM
Spelling Error:
On page 7, where the heading reads "New Rule: Control and Focus Your Money":

In the sentence before is a fragment stating: "businesses that put money their pockets." It should read: "businesses that put money IN their pockets."

Great read so far; very informative.
barthba - 1/24/2009 10:34:08 PM
New Rules
I am looking for imformation on assest I can buy that produce income. I am also looking for small businesses that i can participat by adding sweat equity in the form of IT expertise. This will allow me to be an owner even though I don't have a lot of money.
Stephane1970 - 1/24/2009 11:06:13 PM
old vs new
Hello Robert,

As far as old vs new I would like how to transition to the new and stay ahead of the game. Seems like we find out about the new rules, we (the average class) find out too late and end up losing instead of winning. I love your books and your teachings, but just have a harder time applying everything to my life.
Dvera2 - 1/24/2009 11:07:49 PM
Information about what type
Information about what type of investment would be profitable and secure. These are difficult times. In other words: what, where an when invest.
LornaM - 1/25/2009 12:09:46 AM
Old versus New rules of money
I think it's important to stress why saving is no longer pertinent in our society. I think people are still very wary of investing and want to save. I see it at my current job. As my partner (fiance) and I are starting up our businesses and investing in real estate and paper assets I tell others about it. My co-workers constantly ask how it's going and applaud our success. I am constantly told to 'remember the little people' when we 'make it big'. But none of them want to go on this journey with us. The know inside that what we're doing is right, but they refuse to jump out of their comfort zone. I think it's extremely important to press on this subject, people just don't seem to be seeing the gravity of the situation.
Desmond - 1/25/2009 12:46:12 AM
Old Vs New Money Rules
I look for something that will shock my old belief of money and challenge me to believe something new about money.

Like when you wrote the book If Want To Be Rich and Happy Don't Go To School.

... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...