Introduction Notes
Robert's Topics > Introduction Notes > The Old vs. The New Rules of Money
BklynCed - 1/22/2009 10:36:32 AM
Old vs New
In shaping these themes I think it is most important to site historical references, such as Grunch of Giants, how the FED came to be, a book on the choices Nixon was facing (not just the decision itself), and other relevant books that people can further their historical references, plus new suggested reading materials on where we are headed (outside of Conspirarcy). Keep it going, and thank you for sharing your thoughts.
518365 - 1/22/2009 3:54:43 PM
Rules of money
Now that I have been studing the rules of money, I look for assets that will increase in value and that I can control most of the risk so that my finances are not at the mercy of a sales man putting my investment in something they know nothing about. also that it's important to keep your money moving and working for you.
Leemus - 1/22/2009 5:57:57 PM
Rules of money
I am looking for information that would create my own retirement. For example creating an account that would sponsor my medical expenses for the rest of my life...another account that would create money for me to live on for the rest of my life...etc After reading a number of your books I understand the 30% idea...10% in each of the 3 piggy banks and I only wish I would have known 3-5 years ago but I have to focus on the future. I'm looking for a short term, mid term and long term plans.
CSchwartzcs - 1/22/2009 11:34:36 PM
Hyperinflation
I think protecting your purchasing power is so important in this enviroment. I would like to learn more of what to expect during a hyperinflationary event which seems to be where we are heading after debasing the current currency would they issue a new currency? Does this allow them to keep the game going?
CSchwartzcs - 1/23/2009 12:03:51 AM
New Rules
I believe protecting your purchasing power is important in today's enviroment. It seems hyperinflation is a possibilty, when they debase the current currency will they issue a new currency and does this allow them to keep the game going?
LSamara - 1/23/2009 4:56:26 AM
OLD vs NEW RULES
WOW! I can only hope that in this book will teach us sound principles to advance our financial health! I am fortunate to be surrounded with many financially secure people. Most of them will not share their strategies. SO I continue to invest in my own companies and education... Will you please give us some how to's or Where to look or what to look for when... Etc????
eschram - 1/23/2009 5:09:17 AM
Where have all the assets gone?
The most important thing is still my education! But it would be nice to get some ideas on where to start looking. My wife and I have been into real estate, and have had some success, but as the markets keep getting worse, should I be looking to put some eggs in another investment basket.? Gold/Silver?
infmom - 1/23/2009 6:37:49 AM
I need a thorough education.
I need a thorough education. My parents were complete nitwits about money, always in debt up to their eyeballs, never had a clue how to stand on their own two feet. My grandfather supported them till the day he died.

As a result I hate taking any kind of risk, not wanting to think about even the possibility that I might be throwing money away. I don't gamble, but I also don't invest.

I need information to help me get past the old fears and get started on the way to being a "Rich Mom" rather than just a Mom who manages to pay the bills. Mental well-being will have to precede the financial well-being.
only1cate - 1/23/2009 6:53:59 AM
More Fundamental How-To Please!
Starting from scratch, just learning new rules…what do I do when I get my paycheck? Put it in the bank?...How much? I cash it…I spend it. How do I change this pattern? What should I do? I spend every penny on bills, food and gas and seldom go out or buy "DOODADS". People are stuck in the “old rules” thinking and a “new rule” habit needs to be formed. If putting money in the bank is worse than putting it under the mattress…what should I do with my only source of income at this time…my paycheck? What is the best way to save money from my paycheck to invest in assets? Its only a few dollars at a time. I need more fundamental education not concepts and leave me to figure it out for myself.
What do I need to do?
brianhatano - 1/23/2009 7:15:02 AM
International Financial System
I think it's important to talk about how intricately our finances our woven into a global system. Also, it would be nice to hear what kind of new opportunities are available to us as the world shrinks.