Introduction Notes
Robert's Topics > Introduction Notes > The Old vs. The New Rules of Money
pmiko - 1/23/2009 4:45:42 PM
how to start in the crisis
I think the hardest think is to make the first, small business (and than a bigger, than a bigger, etc.) but now the crisis makes it harder. What are the opportunities? Is real estate always a good business?

Now, the world is changing and the rules written in the earlier books maybe have changed, indeed. The subject of the new book is very good, I think. (But as far as I remember the rules/advices in the earlier books aren't so different, aren't they?)

Otherwise, it would be useful to read some examples. Examples and stories could be always useful to light the points. I've liked in Rich Dad Poor Dad the stories from the little Robert: the working for free in that store and the "business" with comics, etc. They've highlighted the different approach that is needed to became rich.
ivan - 1/23/2009 4:45:47 PM
Specific Example
I am looking for more specific investment example to bring out your point.

When you mentioned about 1) Save VS Spend 2) Diversify VS Control & Focus. I understand this is about financial education for the amateur but to advance to the next level, we need more practical information. Share more of your strategy and challenge our thinking.
Mosaic - 1/23/2009 5:17:14 PM
Cash Flow
I have a small business and I have had some real estate investments and one thing that I have realized is that sometimes it takes a period of time to create positive cash flow. I would like to figure out a way that I can find investments that cash flow from day one.
flitz - 1/23/2009 5:43:06 PM
More specific
I would like specific steps of acquiring and maintain cash flow assets as someone who has not met a person who invests in those( eg a mentor) for help can do it by themselves
Cheryl C - 1/23/2009 5:43:11 PM
What I need to know
Where do you see the economy heading?

Here in Tucson, we're seeing apartment complexes offering incentives to rent. Free rent, free move-in and free deposits are some of the incentives. Journalists are indicating higher than normal vacancies are the reason.

Do you think it's wise to accumulate rental property now, or is this an indication that rentals may end up on the losing end?

We've met a large number of people that indicate jobs are scarce and becoming more so. Union halls and casual labor agencies are full of people looking for work but not finding it. Their lists are longer than they have ever been in my memory.

Do you think President Obama has a plan to get people back to work, or could this be the beginning of another Great Depression? History has shown many depressions across the globe, so the Great Depression in the thirties could be just a minor hiccup compared to what may be coming.

Is the 700 Billion Dollar Bailout merely a precursor to rampant inflation such as we saw in Argentina and Japan in the recent past? Does this mean investments such as rental property, or businesses providing services and goods will see increases in their prices as a result?

What about the price of gold and silver? I've seen dozens of people advising purchase of precious metals as a method of protecting against inflation, but gold prices are stagnant at best. Are we just gearing up for a big run on gold? Are the predictors simply playing with our minds or is there really a runup on prices in our future?

Do you see major problems such as stoppages of supply routes? Could groceries become scarce on the shelves and necessities such as water and fuel become precious? Should we begin preparing for disaster or simply buy up foreclosures when they look like a good investment?

Some of our investments include student housing for University Students and housing for senior citizens, I'm especially interested in where those two demographics are moving. In addition, I'm becoming increasingly worried about retail rentals. Retail establishments are dropping like flies, and therefore rents could be hard to collect. How do you see this type of commercial property as an investment in the future?

All said and done, what suggestions do you have to your readers to protect ourselves in the event that the future holds disaster. And what might the new administration do to alleviate our fears and protect our assets?

Cheryl C
Fernando De la Rosa - 1/23/2009 5:44:24 PM
Old rules vs New rules
Focus on your Money: The best investment is first our knowledge of our financial personal situation, next the region, country and worldwide. In that order, why? because, if I am employee, I can choose study how make money in my community, or the best chance in the country or worldwide. The Kiyosaky right quadrant (B / I grill)have sense if we do due dilligence
cstreifl - 1/23/2009 5:46:35 PM
Earning Expectation Changes
Will there be a discussion of the change of expectations about how money is earned from prior to the 1930's to the expectations after WWII?

Prior to 1930's there appears to have been more people who earned their money, not as corporate employees, but as small business owners. After WWII the expectation was to get an education and work for a large corporation for life. The implied promise was that one would then be financially secure. I think that message is still what the majority believe.
pricebd - 1/23/2009 6:17:25 PM
New rules
I would like to understand more about the skills of a business owner. How to create a great team, bring them together. How to market your business with some examples. Document examples of great companies and what they did well to get to that point and what businesses did wrong. How to be a great leader and get the best out of your team.

I have read a lot of the rich dad books but not all so some of this information is in there so if it is I will get to it soon.
LaneVids - 1/23/2009 6:22:41 PM
New Money and the Internet
I am a Social Media/Social Networking type of person. I love to be online and have a presence there, and I am just starting to get my business running. Like all businesses, it is slow in the beginning, but as time moves on and you keep nurturing the business, it will being to grow bigger and bigger and at a faster rate, similar to one flower blooming and then over time you have a whole field of them.

I LOVED what Robert said about the New Rules of Money and I believe that he is dead on. You have to know how to correctly spend/invest your money so that it creates for money for you and your business, and this is why I like the area of the online world. It is a place where for little start-up, spending money, you can being to create your snowball. As you being to talk to more and more people and you gather a larger presence, your snowball will begin to take off.

With my Online Business, I plan to dominate. If you didn't know, there is a new breed of people in the entertainment business that are popping up, internetainment. Did you know that with just a web cam and an internet connection, you can host your own Live Show? Are you on Twitter to promote yourself? It is a free service, and if you get paid per click on your blog content, then that is hardly any money invested, with great profit potential!

This is the new world of money, and the new world of business. If you want to understand Social Media/Marketing, whatever you want to call it, I recommend you listen to www.garyvaynerchuk.com! An amazing man with lots of ENERGY and GREAT insight!

LaneVids
Lane Fournerat
www.LaneVids.com
herbigp - 1/23/2009 6:28:23 PM
Old rules vs New Rules
I am looking at employment trends and new sectors of employment growth (alternative energy). This way I can be in a position to buy apartments in these areas as the job creation begins after they have been on sale from large unemployment. Right now I am buying, silver, gold, food, bullets, and a gun safe and hope I will never need the gun other than to get some food. After the hyperinflation kicks in I will convert the silver & gold into positive cash flowing apartments.