Robert's Topics > Chapter 12 Notes > How Has The Conspiracy Impacted Your Life?
Robert - 7/7/2009 4:09:26 AM
How Has The Conspiracy Impacted Your Life?
Now that we’ve reached the official end of The Conspiracy of the Rich, what are your final thoughts about the book? How has it impacted your life, and what lessons have you learned?
shyne20x - 7/7/2009 5:02:07 AM
Light
I think it help shed some light on the gray areas. To me gray means the things i don't really know, the things I didn't thought is related, the things that I have somehow an idea of but don't have a full grasp of and the things that I was reminded of.

I attended one of your free seminars in chicago, the speaker invited us on an opportunity of change. He then turn to me and asked why am I not going for it. Immediately the answer that came out from me is "FEAR".

I smiled when I read about fear on your last chapters. "SELF CHECK", that means I'm somehow on track. Because the way I see it, fear is an initial and natural reaction, a pre disposed thinking. Yet fear should not be a permanent reaction especially if you seek change.

btw, i took the first step on the opportunity to change.
yehsharona - 7/7/2009 5:31:26 AM
over?
I'm bummed to see the 'end' b/c I always looked forward to reading the next chapter, as with all of RK writings, but the end of the book isn't the end of bettering my own financial situation. Thanks to RK, who is my 'rich dad' i'm 35% of the way to financial freedom via cashflow through rentals and I only started about a year ago and my husband and I should easily be financially free by the time we're 35. But i'm certainly putting in my time....reading, learning, and most of all doing.....i'm in it full time and glad not to have a JOB. I know that by sucking it up now, watching my friends play on the weekends and take expensive vacations, while I work 12 hr days 7 days a week to acquire as much property as I can in this splendid market and push to secure my future, I know that -it will happen- and -it is happening-. Thanks for the continual motivation and support through your writings, insight, and experience.
seabuc - 7/7/2009 5:50:09 AM
A Thank You

I haven't read chapter twelve as I write this. However, I came to the website tonight to see if chapter 12 might be posted ahead of the email I suspect I will receive from this site sometime tomorrow. Seeing that you are posting these questions in anticipation of readers responding to the end of the book I was compelled to write this note.

The Conspiracy of the Rich was a really enjoyable book. It covered many subjects on many different levels. I enjoyed it, learned from it, was inspired by it, and will recommend it to my family and friends. I've never written an author to thank them for the work they have done, but I believe this work is deserving of a thank you, and in my case much more.

There is one important element I received from reading this book, not really covered in the book. While reading the Conspiracy of the Rich I received a renewed sense of self, a sense of strength, of conviction, and confidence. I say this with tongue in cheek because if we were to meet on the street you would know I am not a man lacking in self confidence. Quite the contrary, but in these dire financial times I believe even the rock of Gibralter has had it's foundation tested.

I've come a long way from simple beginnings. I've made millions along the way, mainly through real estate investments and business ownership. I've also lost all of these millions over the course of the last several years. These losses were a culmination of multiple business failures. The financial losses have been hovering over me for at lest the last twelve months like dark clouds without any rain. I've read some of your other books so I know you've been through the loss of a business. You might remember the empty feeling and almost morning process one goes through while closing and releasing the business.

The process of losing my business, and my passive income, threw me into a state of confusion, my wife says depression, but whatever it was it stopped me dead in my tracks and almost parallized me. But then a funny thing happened, I started to read this book Conspiracy of the Rich a month or so ago and while reading through the book, being reminded of the fundamentals I learned in my early twenties (grows assets, income grows, grow more assets, and my own principal; equity is only spend on buying more equity) gave me an instant feeling of renewal.

This "feeling" wasn't some cheezy feel good, tiptoe through the tulips crap, feeling, I mean I felt I received a renewed sense of NOWLEDGE; re-learned through reading the Conspiracy of the Rich. This confirmed what I already knew, but because I was "feeling down" (it hurts me to say that) from all the weight of my financial losses I failed to go back to the beginning. Just as Dick and Jane begin by playing in the park (with the lark), I too needed to realize, you start from nothing and build from there.

In the end, I don't think the intention of this book was what I received form it, but you made me realize that even though I'm having to start from scratch again, I must go out and start re-building my wealth one stock, one silver/gold piece, and one property at a time. Heck, I'm even excited at the prospect of starting from nothing. I took me six years to make my first million once I began the first time. My wife and I have wagered on how long it will take me to hit that milestone again. And I can't express enough gratitude to you for helping me to see what I already knew.

Might I entice you in a bit of a wager?

Thanks,
Chris

I really appreciate the opportunity you have provided for me to read this book.
periellath - 12/15/2010 6:44:26 AM
RE:A Thank You
seabuc wrote: Robert,

Might I entice you in a bit of a wager?

Thanks,
Chris

I really appreciate the opportunity you have provided for me to read this book.

mikeesison - 7/7/2009 9:38:32 AM

a million thanks, i will read it again or over and over until the principle will sink in. i am not sure if i understood all your discussions, but it opened a new insight to me on how to deal with my finances. i really needed the know-how this times of crisis - but i also need some time to 'de-toxify' my mind with all the years i thought i was doing alright. thank you again.

michael
kesrich - 7/7/2009 1:26:09 PM
Did not get to finish the book
I had some pc issues and have not finished the book yet. Will it be up again before it goes to print. I really would like to finish it as soon as possible.

Thanks
Ken
motivatorhowe - 7/7/2009 5:54:13 PM
I have really enjoyed reading
I have really enjoyed reading the book. It is nice to have someone help explain the current mess in real time. I think posting the book online was brilliant. It made it easier for me to share with other people through my blog. I look forward to this book being in print so I can add it to my almost complete Rich Dad Library.
tdarby2345 - 7/7/2009 6:33:17 PM
Great Book!
I will be buying the book when it hits the stores. Let me know where your book signing will be and I'll be the 1st one there!

Again, great book and I'm currently reading The Creature from Jekyll Island and everything about the world of finance is beginning to make sense. My mindset of the world has been totally changed. Thanks for the book recommedation Robert!!
Old School - 7/7/2009 11:56:47 PM
Impact
In times like we're experiencing now, I'm concentrating on taking care of my family...Robert, you have an extended family which includes all of us, and I thank you for simplifying and clarifying what's really going on out there...and how to profit from it without being paralyzed by the fear mongering that passes for news today.